Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rey and the Riverbed's first meeting

We met through my mother. My mother lives in Old San Juan. I'm sick of the third-person. I am real. So is Rey. We have hugged. We have smoked joints together. We have walked the nights of Old San Juan under the orange lights of poles together. Rey used to work at Cafe Puerto Rico, a fantastic restaurant in front of la Plaza Colon in Old San Juan.

The first time we spoke we spoke of Bukowski. Then Rey serenaded some gringas and recited poetry. I gave him homemade chapbook: "Seeking the Cause and More." I was in love with Carolyn then. This is no longer true. One day i will forgive Carolyn. Maybe one day her family will forgive me.

Right now I am in love again. With who? I know. She probably knows. I won't speak names.

Who am I?

Is Rey in love? He flies to Chicago for a gringa's birthday. Yes, I think Rey is in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment